How to wash bed linen, pillow and pillows
Bedroom is where we spend most of our time resting. That's why it's important to be a place where we feel good, where we have a bed with a comfortable mattress, with pillows where we sleep well and where the bed linen is clean and pleasant to the touch.
In order to enjoy the comfort of the bed, we need to take care of the mattress, suck it up, return it to a few months, keep the pilot and the clean and airy cushions. It is also important to change bed linen weekly to a clean, possibly ironed and beautiful smell.
She's getting used to making a calendar for taking care of your pilots, pillows and bedclothes. It will be your habit to clean them regularly and so you will always have clean bedding and a healthy living environment in the bedroom.
How often do I have to change bed linen? Ideal is to change it once a week, maximum two weeks. For example, in the summer we change it more often, because we sweat more than winter.
Think about the dead cells on the surface of our skin and the sebum that we naturally produce on the pillow and bed sheets. Besides these, bed linen, pillows and pillows are also dusting environments where mites can develop. So, they can cause allergies or other health problems.
If in your family there are people suffering from different allergies, it is all the more important to wash often and even disinfect bed linen to prevent the growth of mites.
Here are some tips that you should consider when you wash your bedding:
- Wash the cotton bed linen or high temperature blend with a powerful detergent to disinfect them and ensure that bacteria, germs and dirt are completely removed. If your linen is made of synthetic fibers, then you have to wash it at a lower temperature. You can add a laundry disinfectant or wash it with a heat sensitive material on top of it.
- To wash your bed linen well, be careful not to load the machine thoroughly. Leave enough space for the linen to be cleaned and cleaned properly.
- For colorful or dark lingerie, choose a lower-temperature wash program that lasts less. You can also use a special detergent for colored laundry.
- If you do not like to use a softener because it looks like it smells too strong or you feel like it loads the fabric then it uses vinegar. It has the role of removing detergent residues left in bedding fabrics.
The bedside pilot usually launches only once a year. The right time to wash the pilots is after a season. So the end of the winter for the thick pilots and the end of the warm season for the thin pilots.
Here's what you need to know about piloting:
- Almost all the pilots can be washed at the car. However, you should read the label before doing this. It is possible, however, that you can not wash your car at the car if you have a washing machine with a small capacity. Usually they wash at cars with a capacity of over 7kg.
- If your washing machine has a capacity of less than 7kg, do not put the pilot in the bucket, because it will not wash properly, it will remain full of detergent and will not rinse properly.
- Remember to use a smaller amount of detergent when washing washcloths. Use one third of the amount of detergent you usually put on a laundry full of laundry.
- Choose to use a mild detergent and do not put a softener, because you will load the fabric and will not dry properly.
- Opt for a delicate wash cycle at a temperature of 30-40 degrees. Many modern washing machines have special programs for duvets, beds and blankets.
- At the end, another cycle or even two rinses run, because the pilots tend to retain the detergent water.
- If possible, dry the pilot outdoors.
Pillows play a very important role when it comes to our rest. Regardless of the stuff they are stuffed with or their cover, they can become a magnet for bacteria and mites. Therefore, it is important to wash them several times a year to ensure proper hygiene.
The cushions are of several types and we have to adapt our cleaning process according to each type.
Here are the main types of pillows and how to clean them
- Flannel cushions can be washed by the washing machine for a gentle program and a low temperature. Many washing machines have special programs for pillows or jackets.
- Use only one or two teaspoons of detergent. Choose a mild detergent to protect the filling.
- Run an extra rinse cycle at the end to ensure that all the detergent is clear.
- After removing them from the car, try placing them with your hands to allow them a complete drying.
- If possible, dry them in the open air, they will breathe better and smell nicer.
Cushions with synthetic filling
Synthetic filling cushions are hypoallergenic and are easy to maintain.
- Choose a low temperature water wash program for synthetic fibers. For example, you can wash them at 40 degrees.
- Use only 1-2 teaspoons of detergent.
- Start an extra rinse cycle at the end to ensure that the filler no longer contains traces of detergent.
- If possible, dry them outdoors for extra freshness.
Foam cushions are the most difficult to clean, because it is recommended to wash them manually.
- Use a bowl or fill the bath tub with warm water and a small amount of detergent. It is enough to add a teaspoon of detergent to 5 liters of water.
- Put the pillow in the detergent water and tighten it slowly until it absorbs detergent water.
- Rinse the pillow very well until you see the foam water out of it.
- Squeeze the pillow carefully and dry it in the air.
- If you do not want to wash the pillows manually, look for a laundry and foam pillows. So you'll get rid of this chore and you'll have clean, disinfected, and smelling pillows.
If you respect the frequency of washing pillows, pilots and bed linen, you will enjoy a restful sleep in the best conditions. Do not forget to carefully choose the right program for the washing machine and not use more detergent than necessary. If you can, dry them all well in the air for a plus of freshness. Pleasant rest!
You may also like the article How we choose bed linen and how we keep it.
Tags:cal bucharest clothes
, bucharest bucuresti
, cleaning pillows
, pilot cleaning
, cleaning clothes
, bed linen care
, pillow care
, pilot care
, bed care
, wash linen bed
, washing pillows
, wash down pillow cushions
, wash synthetic pillows
, washing the pilot